How to setup IPv6 reverse forwarder
I can't find how this works. Concise and to the point to keep it clear and readable:
- I run nextdns on OPNsense.
- unbound runs on port 5353
- nextdns processes all dns requests.
- Nextdns forwards public ranges to Nextdns DNS servers
- Nextdns sends internal networks to 127.0.0.1#5353 (unbound).
- All DHCP leases are registered in Unbound.
- I have many host aliases defined for containers and local running services.
- I have IPv6 setup with local LANS / VLANS setup with /64 subnets and unique prefix ID's.
- Nextdns responds to forward DNS requests on IPv6, but reverse does not work.
I have been playing with a forwarder for ipv6 in nextdns.conf. It looks like this (prefix is made up in the example):
I tried variants with:
Reverse lookups are not working.
Can someone help me getting that up and running please?
When I directly query unbound reverse works fine. Its nextdns not forwarding so something with that config is not right.
I read somewhere that for bind9 it needs to include all the zeros so I changed the line to:
Since I can send an AAAA query with dig to an IPv4 address I suppose 127.0.0.1 should work for Nextdns to forward to as well.
Still not working.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
- 3 wk agoLast active